URI MENA Cultural Café- 27th Session
I am pleased to invite you to URI MENA Cultural Café – 27 the session on 24 of Oct. 2020 was about the Artificial Intelligence (AI), by Professor Qaysar Salih Mahdi, Doctor of Engineering, Ishik University Erbil Iraq.
Prof. Doctor Mahdi provided a comprehensive overview about Artificial Intelligence and the latest trends in this field. Also, he spoke about the relationship between AI and the fifth generation of wireless communication technologies (5G).
• Eventually AI will affect every aspect of our live. (internet in our homes, new transportation concepts, e.g. self-driving car, distance medication, big data…etc.)
• AI is a technology that uses complex algorithms and software.
• AI will improve the products and services. For example, Artificial intelligence is so beneficial in healthcare. It simplifies the lives of patients, doctors and hospital administrators by performing tasks that are typically done by humans, but in less time and at a lower cost. It provides diagnoses that are more accurate and emulates human cognition in the analysis, interpretation, and comprehension of complicated medical and healthcare data.
• Future jobs will center around AI, and many current jobs will disappear.
• AI may transform everything from transportation to cloud computing.
• 5G technologies are safe. We need to be aware of the false news concerning 5G spreading on social networks.
• The high capacity of 5G will boost the use of AI across all sectors toward digitized.
• AI is revolutionizing real-time Holography by creating high-quality 3-D images that can be used in education, medication and remote work.