Internship & Long-term volunteering
URI MENA’s office in Amman welcomes interns and local & international volunteers who are eager to put into practice their skills and knowledge to advance friendly relations among nations, to strengthen universal peace, and to take part in solving regional and global problems.
Application requirements and conditions:
- Due to high demand on our internship vacancies, we recommend contacting us via email ([email protected]), sending your motivation letters and updated CV at least three months in advance of your intended stay
- Above 18 years old
- Open to all nationalities
- Only unpaid internships are available; interns have to pay all costs for travel, accommodation, health insurance, visa, residency and living themselves. URI MENA offers help in providing information during the preparation for the intern’s stay
- Applicants typically have a strong interest in MENA region issues, peace-building & interfaith, international relations, international economics, public policy, international business, or other similar areas of study
- Volunteers pay a registration fee to cover the administration costs
- Available periods of an internship range from three month to three years
- Fluent in both spoken and written English. Arabic and French are an asset
Intern & Long-term Volunteer Responsibilities
Interns and volunteers are generally involved in many aspects of URI MENA’s work, including:
- Interaction with URI MENA affiliate groups (we call them Cooperation Circles) across the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region, either virtually or in face-to-face meetings. The expected results of this responsibility are:
- Constructive and in-depth communications are maintained with CCs
- Provide different kinds of support to help CCs achieve their mission and aspirations
- Foster CCs’ sense of belonging and engagement in URI
- Document and report CC news, stories, challenges and needs
- Share opportunities
- Inform CCs about URI issues & plans
- Encourage CCs to engage in activities under the URI umbrella
- Raise profiles and visibility of URI and different CCs
- Update data for different CCs regularly
- Participate in public and networking events under the name of URI MENA to raise URI’s profile & visibility and to establish partnership with like-minded organizations.
- Help organize URI gatherings, including URI MENA’s Annual Assembly (inviting 50+ peace-builders from the MENA Region for 3 days).
- Encourage CCs to honor major global initiatives such as IDP (International Day of Peace), WIHW (World Interfaith Harmony Week), World Orphans Day, etc.
- Create content for URI MENA’s website, Facebook page, or other outlets (particularly CC stories and activities)
- Work on specific projects for one or more of URI MENA’s CCs in Jordan.