Internship & Long-term volunteering
URI MENA Office in Amman welcomes interns and local & international volunteers who are eager to put into practice their skills and knowledge to advance friendly relations among nations, to strengthen universal peace and to take part in solving regional and global problems.
Application requirements and conditions:
- Due to high demand on our internship vacancies, we recommend contacting us via e-mail (email@example.com) sending your motivation letters and updated CV at least three months in advance of your intended stay.
- Age above 18 years of old.
- Open to all nationalities.
- Only unpaid internships are available; interns have to pay all costs for travel, accommodation, health insurance, visa, residency and living themselves. URI MENA offers help in providing information during the preparation for the intern’s stay.
- Applicants typically have a strong interest in MENA region issues, peace-building & interfaith, international relations, international economics, public policy, international business, or other similar areas of study.
- Volunteers pay registration fee to covers the administration costs
- Available periods of an internship range from three month to three years.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English. Arabic and French are an asset.
Intern & Long-term Volunteer Responsibilities
Interns and volunteers are generally involved in many aspects of URI MENA’s work, including:
- Interaction with URI MENA affiliate groups (we call them Cooperation Circles “CCs”) across Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region via phone/ internet as well as face-to-face meeting. The expected results of this duty are:
- Constructive and in-depth communications are maintained with CCs.
- Provide all kind of support to help CC achieve their missions and aspirations.
- CCs’ sense of belonging and engagement in URI are fostered.
- CCs news, stories, challenges and needs are documented and reported.
- Opportunities are shared.
- CCs are informed about URI issues & plans.
- Encourage CCs to do activities under URI umbrella
- URI and CCs’ profile/ visibility is raised.
- CCs’ data are updated.
- Participate in public and networking events under the name of URI MENA to raise URI’s profile & visibility and to establish partnership with like-minded organizations.
- Help in organizing the URI gatherings including URI MENA Annual Assembly (inviting 50+ peace-builders from MENA Region for 3 days).
- Encourage CCs to honor major global initiatives such as IDP (International Day of Peace), WIHW (World Interfaith Harmony Week), World Orphans Day…etc.
- Creating content for the URI MENA’s website, Facebook page, or other outlets (particularly CCs stories and activities)
- Work on specific projects for one or more of URI MENA’s CC’s in Jordan.